- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
- Mike Brown’s mom laid flowers where he was shot and police let a dog pee on the memorial site
- “Stand Up Against Racism" demonstration outside US Embassy in London
- Police claim to have no records of arrests of journalists
- Illinois school bans discussions of Mike Brown’s death
- Gov. Nixon introduces new Public Safety Director
- Push for police to wear body cameras continues
- Jon Stewart on Ferguson
From Elon James White Tuesday night.
This better have hundreds of thousands of notes at the end of the day or else
So apparently a lot of serial transmisogynists are slandering Laverne Cox for supporting Synthia China Blast, an incarcerated trans woman who has been working with the Sylvia Rivera Law Project on initiatives to end prison rape. Given that the people who have been spreading…
Argentina: doing it right. After passing a groundbreaking gender identity law on Wednesday, Argentina, which became the first Latin American country to legalize same-sex marriage, now leads the entire world when it comes to trans rights.
The new law, which was passed by 55-0 and is expected to be signed by president Cristina Fernandez, grants trans people the right to legally change their gender identity without having to get approval from doctors or judges–and, importantly, without having to change their bodies at all first. Not having a valid ID that matches your gender identity is a huge barrier to access to education, employment, health care, you name it. As Kalym Sori, an Argentinian trans man said, “This is why the law of identity is so important. It opens the door to the rest of our rights.”
SYNTHIA-CHINA BLAST DID NOT RAPE EBONY NICOLE WILLIAMS. There was never any evidence to support the allegation that she did, and she was acquitted after witnesses discredited the claim.
- SYNTHIA-CHINA BLAST DID NOT MURDER EBONY NICOLE WILLIAMS. She had no role in…
if skinny people get this mad over one lyric in a song imagine how they would feel if they had to face the constant reminders that there is something fundamentally flawed and disgusting about your body and that it’s all your fault and that it would be better if you just…
i want extremely explicit gay representation in popular media and i want to make every fucking straight person uncomfortable